Life gives us no warnings and happens the way it had planned. But what are we supposed to do if some unfortunate or sudden events disturb our travel plans? Don’t worry; Delta Change Flight policy offers solutions for such problems.
Whether it is a family event or a sudden illness, when life takes such turns, it is impossible not to let our plans get hampered. Therefore, the Delta Airlines Flight Change option was introduced so that customers could modify their bookings and not let their hard-earned money go in vain.
Passengers who are willing to make changes in the date or time of their booked flight may do so by following some simple and general steps. To know the detailed methods to change and the terms and conditions that accompany this policy, read till the end of this page.
Delta Flight Change Policy: All you need to know!
Before you begin your change flight process, knowing the terms and conditions that come with it is essential. Read the points given below to understand the basic overview of the policy:
- There are no change fees applicable for domestic and international flight reservations.
- Another key point to consider, If you hold a Basic Economy flight ticket, you are not allowed to change it.
- However, you can cancel the ticket, and the cancellation fee will be deducted.
- Passengers holding a refundable ticket can modify their tickets without paying any change fee.
- The 24-hour Policy by Delta states that passengers can make changes to their flight reservation without paying any fees within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket.
- However, the difference between the date of booking and the date of departure must be at least seven days.
- Passengers who wish to make changes to their existing booking are liable to pay Delta flight change fees unless their ticket type states otherwise.
Delta Airlines Flight Change 24-hour Policy
The 24 Hour Policy, also called the risk-free period, is the same as Delta Airlines Same Day Flight Change policy. It allows the customers to make changes in their flight reservation within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket. You can make these changes absolutely free of cost, whether it’s a date, time, or any other change. However, you may have to pay some amount as a change fee, depending on your ticket class.
Moreover, another condition under this policy is that the date of departure must be at least seven days away from the date of booking. If not, then the passenger is liable to pay a change fee as stated by their ticket type.
Ultimate Guide to Change Flights- Delta
Passengers can now modify their bookings as they wish to, and these include changes in name, date, time, and more. Delta Airlines provides different types of methods through which you can complete the Delta Change Flight process. These include online and offline methods. To know more, read below.
Delta Airlines Flight Change – ONLINE METHOD
This method allows you to make changes in your booking through your mobile phone or laptop. Your new flight is just a few clicks away, so let’s begin.
- Firstly, open your preferred web browser and search for the official website of Delta Airlines.
- Secondly, open ‘My Trips’ and then select the trip to which you want to make changes.
- Now, click on the ‘Edit Flight’ tab.
- A new redirected page will open, where there will be two options: Cancellation and Flight Change.
- Afterwards, Click on Flight Change.
- A list of similar flight routes and options will open on your screen.
- Choose the flight that best suits your budget, time, and date.
- Check the details of the new flight, including the fare difference.
- Make the payment for the fare difference and Delta Change Flight fee, if applicable.
- You will receive your new itinerary details on your registered Email and Mobile number.
Delta Airlines Flight Change – OFFLINE METHOD
If, due to some problem, you are unable to modify your flight details online, then you may choose the offline method. This includes the traditional way of visiting the airport and making changes, as well as reaching out to Delta customer service change flight executives through phone numbers. To know the detailed steps, read below:
- First, dial the Delta customer service phone number 800-221-1212/+1-833-930-2006(OTA).
- Follow the IVR instructions and choose the language you prefer to converse in.
- Explain to the executive that you want to change your flight booking.
- Please provide them with the necessary information about your existing booking.
- Choose from the alternative flights provided by the executive according to your date and time preferences.
- Check the fare difference, and make the payment with your credit card.
- Finally, your booking details are updated.
International & Domestic Delta Airlines Flight Change
While the steps to change flight details remain the same for both international and domestic flights, the fees vary.
- If you are traveling within the United States of America, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Canada, there is no change fee.
- In the case of international travel, that means any destination outside of the above-mentioned ones, the change fee will start from $200. The exact change fee amount depends on factors like the route of the flight, the duration of the flight, and the type of ticket you hold.
To make changes in either domestic or international flight bookings, please choose any of the following methods:
- Online through Delta Airlines website.
- Visiting the Delta Airport Counter.
- Via Customer Service phone number 800-221-1212/(OTA)+1-833-930-2006.
Delta Airlines Change Flight for Free
Delta Airlines also provides provisions to its customers to make modifications to their flights for free. However, these are allowed only in some situations. If any of the following points are relevant to your booking, then you are eligible for free changes.
- If any passengers holds a ticket which is above the Main Cabin.
- Any bookings made to travel to North America are eligible for free change.
- Apart from Basic Economy, reservations to/from Mexico/US and Caribbean are eligible for free modification.
Change Flight Rules: For Different Fares
Delta Airlines provides different types of ticket fares to passengers so that they choose their comfort and budget accordingly. However, the modification rules differ for all.
- Refundable Tickets: If the flyer’s plans have changed and they wish to cancel their ticket, they can apply for a refund. However, changing their flight tickets without paying any change fee is also an option.
- Non-refundable Tickets: Passengers holding a non-refundable ticket are allowed to change their flight but are liable to pay a change fee ranging from $0 to $500. The change fee depends on the route, duration, and other factors of the flight.
- Basic Economy Ticket: Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy does not allow making changes in Basic Economy tickets. However, the option to cancel the ticket is available.
- Booked with Miles Ticket: Passengers who has booking with Miles have the chance to make modifications to their existing flight, and they will have to pay the difference by using SkyMiles.
- Award Tickets: A change fee of $150 allows the passengers to make changes in their date and time on the ticket without any problem. However, the passenger is liable to pay this amount if they make changes within 72 hours of the flight’s departure.
You Should Cheeked it Out Our Recent Blogs Too
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy allows all customers to make changes in their booking date or time but at a cost. However, passengers holding Basic Economy Tickets cannot change flights.
Customers can make changes to their existing flight free of cost if they do so within 24 hours of booking the flight. Moreover, the flight’s departure should be at least seven days apart from the date of booking.
Delta Airlines Customer Service executives are available 24/7 and for 365 days to cater to the needs of all customers. Just dial 800-221-1212 / (OTA)+1-833-930-2006 to speak to an expert.
If you have purchased your Delta ticket through a third-party travel agency, then you need to contact them for any needful changes.
Passengers can make an infinite number of changes to their flight tickets. If you make the changes within 24 hours of the booking, then it is free. If the risk-free period is over, you are liable to pay a change fee as per your ticket type.