Sometimes, business meetings or sudden, unavoidable circumstances cause a hindrance in our plans. These plans are sometimes as small as a movie plan with friends or as big as a planned and booked vacation. In such cases, it is only sometimes necessary to cancel your tickets. KLM Change Flight is another way to save the money that you have invested and make it to your trip.
KLM Airlines flight change process allows the customers to modify their flight ticket in terms of date and time so that they don’t have to cancel their tickets. As you read the blog further, you will learn about the KLM Airlines change flight policy, the various methods to make changes, and other important details about the process.
KLM Change Flight Policy: All you need to know!
Before you begin to make changes to your flight reservation, it is important to know the brief of the KLM change flight policy. The following points provide the key highlights of the policy, including the terms and conditions that you must abide by.
- KLM flight change policy allows all customers to make changes to their flight tickets. These changes include modifying the date, time, and even route of the booked flight.
- The airline also has a name change policy that lets the customers make changes to their name. However, there are some restrictions that apply when modifying a name. Only changing up to three characters in the name is allowed.
- Customers can make changes to their flights by paying KLM flight change fees. Passengers must also pay fare difference, if any, along with the change fee.
- Changing the existing flight booking is allowed only if the ticket was purchased through the official portal of KLM.
- In case you purchased the ticket through a third-party agent, then please get in touch with them to make any changes to your flight.
- KLM Change Flight procedure does not allow any passenger to exchange their ticket with any other airline. Therefore, changing a KLM ticket will provide you with a KLM airline ticket only.
- Under the KLM Change Flight policy, customers rebook or modify all types of flights, like long-haul, medium, and short.
24-Hour KLM Change Flight Policy
The flight change policy by KLM also includes a 24-hour policy that states:
- Customers can modify the date of their flight booking after 24 hours of purchasing the ticket.
- When changed within 24 hours, the customer does not need to pay any change fee.
- However, after 24 hours of purchasing the ticket, the customer is liable to pay the change fee.
- The 24-hour change policy is applicable to both non-restricted and limited tickets.
- If the KLM ticket was purchased through an online travel agency or third party, customers must pay 35 USD as a service fee.
Change Flights- KLM Online Process
KLM provides both online and offline methods to make changes in flight tickets. This is to ensure that customers don’t face any problems while making changes. The step-by-step guide of both online and offline procedures is mentioned below. Pick the one that suits you the best.
ONLINE KLM CHANGE FLIGHT METHOD
- Firstly, on the web browser of your choice, open the official website of KLM Airlines.
- Secondly, on the top right of the webpage, you will see a ‘My Trips’ tab. Click on it.
- Thirdly, provide the passenger’s last name and booking confirmation number in the space given.
- Now, click on the Search button.
- At this point, your bookings with KLM will display on the webpage, on which you have to click on the ‘change’ option.
- Now, choose the flight booking that you wish to make changes to.
- Then, you will get options on the screen to change different things, like date, flight, name, and more.
- Click on the change flight option, and a list of flights with similar routes and times will open if available.
- When you find a KLM flight that suits your new itinerary, please select it and proceed towards payment.
- Lastly, please pay the KLM Change Flight fee if applicable on your fare type, and then click on confirm.
- Finally, your new flight is booked, and you will receive a confirmation in your KLM registered email soon.
OFFLINE KLM CHANGE FLIGHT METHOD
The offline method to make changes in KLM flight reservations includes two procedures. One is by directly calling customer service phone number +1-800-618-0104 or +1-833-930-2006 (US)[For Less Waiting], and the other method is by visiting the airport counter of KLM Airlines.
The detailed step-by-step guide to KLM customer service change flight method via phone is given below:
- Please dial the KLM Change Flight Customer Service Number +1-800-618-0104 or +1-833-930-2006.
- Then, listen to the IVR instructions carefully and press the respective key to change the flight.
- Now, wait patiently for the Customer Service representative to answer your call.
- Once the call is connected, explain to the agent that you want to change your flight booking.
- Please provide the details like the last name of the passenger and the booking confirmation number of the existing booking to the agent.
- Now, provide the details to which you wish to change your flight.
- Then, from the available flights told by the agent, choose a flight that suits your purpose.
- Check the fare difference between the old and new flights, as you need to pay the difference, along with the change fee, if applicable.
- Lastly, make the payment with your preferred credit card and confirm the booking.
- Finally, your itinerary is updated, and you will receive your new ticket via email.
Please note that the KLM Customer Service Phone Number +1-800-618-0104 or +1-833-930-2006 is available 24/7. Customers may call a travel agent anytime they want, as the agents are available to cater to the needs of the customers. If you are facing a problem in contacting KLM via phone, then you may also choose the other offline method.
OFFLINE METHOD- AT THE AIRPORT
Customers can directly go to the Airport and locate the KLM Airlines ticket counter. Get in touch with a live agent there and explain the concern to them. Provide the details of your existing flight booking as asked, and wait till the agent finds you another available flight.
The agent will then provide you with a list of flight options, from which you can choose what best suits your purpose. After that, check the fare difference and pay the amount, if applicable. You will receive your updated itinerary in your email shortly.
Note: All the customers choosing the offline method of KLM Change Flight must keep the existing booking details handy. These details include the confirmation number, username, and other personal details like the passenger’s last name, mobile number, etc. Keeping these details handy will lead to a smooth and quick functioning of the flight change process.
KLM Flight Change Fees
If any passenger wishes to make changes in their flight for free, then they may do so within 24 hours of booking. Once the risk-free period has ended, the customer is liable to pay a change fee, as stated in the Change Flight Policy by KLM.
The change fee may vary from ticket to ticket, as there are different factors that play a role in deciding the fee. Factors like the flight route, duration, arrival, departure locations, and more are a few factors in the change fee.
The cost to change KLM flight details are:
1. If Travelling Within Europe
- Standard Tickets: A KLM change fee of EUR 70 is charged to customers traveling within Europe with a standard ticket.
- Flex Tickets: Customers holding a Flex Ticket can change their flight booking free of cost.
2. If Travelling Within Africa and Europe
- Light Tickets: If you have a light ticket, then you must pay EUR 150 to make changes to your booking.
- Standard Ticket: Pay a change fee of EUR 150 to make changes in a standard ticket.
- Flex Ticket: Customers holding a flex ticket can modify their flight booking without paying any change fee.
3. If Travelling Intercontinental
- Light Ticket: If you hold a light ticket, you must pay EUR 150 as a change fee.
- Standard Ticket: In case of traveling intercontinental, a KLM change flight fee of EUR 150 is applicable.
- Flex Ticket: Customers can make changes in their flight free of cost if they hold a Flex Ticket.
Sometimes some unforeseen circumstances take place in our lives, and we have 20no option than to change our pre-planned plans. Therefore, to ensure you don’t miss out on a vacation, KLM allows you to change your flight details, and rebook a new flight at just some minimal cost. To know more, read the KLM Change Flight Policy in detail, as given above.
You Should Cheeked it Out Our Recent Blogs Too
Frequently Asked Questions
Customers can make changes to their existing bookings according to the KLM Change Flight Policy. However, a change fee is also applicable in some cases.
The 24-hour change policy by KLM Airlines allows passengers to change their flight tickets. Additionally, no change fee is applicable if the changes are made within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket.
If you want to make changes to your KLM flight ticket, then you may contact the Customer Service agents at KLM. Dial the phone number +1-800-618-0104 or +1-833-930-2006 and speak to a travel expert instantly.