Sometimes, our plans get disrupted by events that we cannot avoid. It can be as small as a sudden business meeting or as big as the unfortunate passing of a loved one. But this does not necessarily have to mean that you must cancel your trip altogether. Spirit Airlines Flight Change Policy allows all customers to make changes to their existing booking, whether it’s a change of date or time of the flight.
To make Spirit Airlines flight changes easy and hassle-free, the key points and detailed step-by-step process are given below. Please read the terms and conditions carefully, and then begin your flight change process. Before you begin, you must know the rules and regulations of the change policy.
Spirit Airlines Flight Change Policy
If you are planning to make changes to your existing booking with Spirit, then you must read the terms and conditions that apply. This is to ensure clarity and avoid any confusion during or after the process of Spirit Airlines Flight Change.
The 24-hour rule by Spirit allows all customers to make changes or cancel their flights free of cost. However, the only condition is that the flight departs at least seven days after the date of booking.
- The fare differences and government taxes are applicable when you make changes to your booking.
- If you hold a flexible ticket that you purchased directly through Spirit’s website, then you can make changes without paying any fee.
- However, if you bought your flexible ticket through a third-party travel agency, then you cannot change it.
- Coverage on your trip change is given if you book your flight tickets through a credit card.
- If you are changing your flight date or time because of the unfortunate death of a family member, then you may make changes without any change fee.
- However, you are required to provide valid proof and documentation.
- If Spirit Airlines changed your booked flight’s departure and arrival time, then in that case, you are not liable to pay a change fee while booking another Spirit Flight.
Customers must note that the charges applied while making changes to an existing booking are based on various factors, including the route of the flight, type of ticket fare, and time of making changes.
How do you change a flight on Spirit Airlines?
Since Spirit understands the need to make changes in existing flight bookings, it provides you with an easy and accessible flight change process.
Spirit Airlines Change Flight Step First:-
First, let’s read the step-by-step guide to changing flights online.
- Navigate your web browser to the official website of Spirit Airlines.
- Click on ‘My Trips’.
- Now, in the blank space, enter your booking confirmation number and last name.
- Start making the changes that you need.
- Check the seat availability, route, time of arrival, and other important information.
- Confirm the new flight.
- Make the payment if fare differences apply.
- Finally, your new ticket booking is successful.
Spirit Airlines Change Flight Step Second:-
Second, let’s learn about an alternate way to make changes to an existing flight. You can use this method if the online one does not work for you.
- Firstly, dial the Spirit Airlines Customer Service phone number 844-989-7283 /(OTA) 1-833-930-2006.
- Follow the IVR instructions, and choose the language you prefer.
- Now, wait for the Spirit executive to answer your call.
- Explain to the executive that you want to change your flight details.
- Provide them with the information about your booking as asked.
- Please be patient while they look for alternate flights as per your preferred date and time.
- Now, select the flight that suits your purpose, and then check the fare difference.
- Pay the amount with your preferred credit card.
- Your flight itinerary is now successfully updated.
Spirit Airlines Change Flight Step Third:-
Third, you can also change your flight details by reaching out to Spirit Airlines on their social media handles. These are:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpiritAirlines
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SpiritAirlines
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/spiritairlines/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/spirit-airlines/
Spirit Airlines Change Flight and Cancellation Fee
If you are planning to make changes to your Spirit reservation, then you should know that nothing at Spirit comes for free. There are always some hidden charges, and customers must be aware of them before they begin their flight change process. Therefore, the following points are provided to ensure you know the Spirit Change Flight fee.
- Passengers are liable to a change fee of $100 or $110 if they wish to change their economy class flight or award air ticket.
- However, this fee applies only when the passengers make changes after 24 hours of booking their reservation or within seven days of scheduled flight departure.
- Moreover, if the passenger holds a Spirit Airlines Flight Flex Ticket, then they may make changes to their flight without paying any fees.
- The flyer is liable to a fee of $90 or $100 if they cancel their Spirit Economy Class ticket in the 24-hour risk period, but there are less than seven days left for the flight’s departure.
- Similarly, a fee of $110 is applied on a ticket canceled after the 24-hour risk period is over, but there are less than seven days left for the flight’s departure.
Same Day Flight Change: Terms & Conditions
As the name suggests, same-day flight change refers to the process of making changes to an existing flight ticket within 24 hours of booking. However, the flight’s scheduled departure should also be in the next 24 hours.
As you already know, Spirit charges a change fee; the fees for same-day flight change are not the same as above. The charges for this type of change depend on various factors; however, it can range somewhere around $90 to $150.
Now, let’s read the terms and conditions of the Same-Day Flight Change Policy.
- Only changing the date of travel is allowed under this policy.
- Passengers are not allowed to shift their layover flight to a direct one.
- If you are traveling on the same date, then the new flight should have the same route.
- Spirit does not allow changes after check-in.
- The passenger can choose an earlier or next flight; however, the same fare value must apply.
Sometimes, we plan our trips, book our tickets, and make the entire itinerary, only to find out that we can’t make it. In such circumstances, the Spirit Flight Change process makes its way and saves you from canceling your tickets altogether. If you are planning to make changes to your existing flight booking, then read the above-given information carefully. If you still have any confusion, then contact Spirit Airlines Customer Service helpline number 844-989-7283 /(OTA) 1-833-930-2006.
You Should Cheeked it Out Our Recent Blogs Too
Frequently Asked Questions
Spirit Airlines provides its customers with various methods to make changes to their existing flight reservations. These include the online method through the website or by dialing the Spirit Customer Service phone number.
Yes. Spirit allows customers to make changes to their name under a few conditions only. These include Misspelling, Legal Name Change, and Changing passenger information. However, the flyer must submit documents as proof.
There are various ways through which you can contact Spirit. You may choose the Live Chat option available on their website or the social media handles mentioned above. Moreover, the Customer Service executives are available 24/7 to assist you, so feel free to call them at 1-833-930-2006.
Yes. Customers can make changes to their existing booking if they hold a Flight Flex ticket. With this, you can change details like time, origin, destination, and flight date. However, making changes to your name is not allowed under Flight Flex.