Sometimes our plans get disrupted due to urgent events that take place in our lives. Now, since emergencies do not knock on our doors before they enter, we have no other option than to make changes in our plans. But what can you do when you have a flight to catch? Don’t worry, because now you can rely on United Airlines Change Flight policy.
As the name itself suggests, United Change Flight feature allows customers to make modifications in their existing United flight ticket. So, instead of cancelling your planned trip, you can simply postpone it by changing the time or date.
Moreover, if you booked your tickets in a hurry, and mistakenly misspelled your name, then you can make changes in your name as well. United Airlines Flight Change is the ultimate saver, as it helps you not lose your hard-earned money. To know more about this feature, please give the entire article a read.
United Airlines Change Flight
Sometimes, our plans get disrupted due to urgent events that take place in our lives. Now, since emergencies do not knock on our doors before they enter, we have only one option as to make changes to our plans. But what can you do when you have a flight to catch? Don’t worry because now you can rely on United Airlines’ Change Flight policy.
As the name itself suggests, the United Change Flight feature allows customers to make modifications to their existing United flight tickets. So, instead of canceling your planned trip, you can postpone it by changing the time or date.
Moreover, if you booked your tickets in a hurry and mistakenly misspelled your name, then you can make changes to your name as well. United Airlines Flight Change is the ultimate saver, as it helps you not lose your hard-earned money. To know more about this feature, please read the entire article.
Terms and conditions For Changing The Flight
Before you begin to make changes to your flight ticket, make sure you know how the policy works. This will prevent you from some surprises, such as change fees. However, remember that these rules apply only when you make changes to a ticket that you purchased from the official website. In case you bought your ticket from a third party, please get in touch with them to make changes.
- The 24-hour change flight policy allows customers to make changes in their flights free of cost for 24 hours after buying the ticket.
- Customers flying within the United States and Canada do not need to pay any change flight fee. However, passengers with Basic Economy tickets are liable to pay United flight change fees.
- If you wish to cancel a Basic Economy ticket fare, then you may exchange it for a travel credit.
- Please note that the travel credit will expire within one year from when it was issued.
- There is no minimum limit for changing flights.
- Customers can change their flights as many times as they want. However, they must pay the fare differences every time.
- If you don’t wish to continue with your plan, then you don’t necessarily have to book another flight.
- In such cases, you can choose flight credit, which you must use within one year.
- If the new flight that you booked is cheaper than your earlier flight, then the rest amount is credited back as flight credit.
- Any customer traveling on an Award ticket or Premium Economy or Economy does not need to pay any change fee.
- However, please make sure that your flight is originating from the United States of America.
24-Hour United Airlines Change Flight Policy
The 24 Hour Policy of United Airlines Change Flight feature is a very useful and convenient one. It allows the customers to make changes to their flight tickets without paying any change fee. However, passengers can do so only within 24 hours of booking the flight, and the date of departure must be at least seven days away. Some other points to keep in mind include:
- United Airlines must operate the flight you’re planning to fly with.
- Customers do not have to pay any United Airlines Change fee.
- However, in case of fare difference, the customer must pay them.
- All fare types are subject to these regulations, except for Basic Economy.
Fees to change flights- United Airlines
Whether it is a domestic flight ticket or an international one, United Airlines Flight Change is for everyone. Please refer to the table given below to understand the change in flight fees for different tickets and fares.
|United Airlines Change Fee
|USD 49.50 one-way for Domestic Flights
|USD 99.50 one-way for International Flights
|USD 100 One-way
|USD 60 for each flight segment
United Airlines Same Day Flight Change Policy
As compared to other airlines, the Same Day Change Flight by United Airlines is easy and customer-friendly. Please read the points given below to know the details:
- United Airlines must operate the flight for which a customer has tickets.
- The same-day policy by United Airlines does not include basic economy fares, group, or specific bulk.
- This policy comes into play if there are 24 hours left for your flight departure.
- In these cases, the customers have a chance to take either the flight that is one day before or one day later.
- Changing the origin and destination of the flight is not possible. However, you may remove or add a link.
- If a customer is traveling with United and they want to change their flight, then they must do so at least one hour before the scheduled departure.
How to change United Airlines Flight online?
United Airlines provides customers with both online and offline methods to change flights. The online method to change flights includes visiting the official website of the airline and changing the ticket details all by yourself. However, this is an easy task, and you can complete it by just following the steps given below.
- Firstly, visit the official United Airlines website on your laptop or computer.
- Secondly, click on My Trips and enter the six-digit confirmation number, along with the passenger’s last name.
- Thirdly, choose the flight segment that you wish to make changes to.
- Now, click on the ‘Change Flight’ option, and there you will see four options.
- Make Changes to the time or date of your flight.
- Change the destination of your trip.
- Add another flight to an existing one.
- Remove one or more flight segments.
- Click on the option that fulfills your requirement, and click on Continue.
- Proceed by confirming your new itinerary details.
- Lastly, you will receive a confirmation email on your registered account.
The online method is one of the easiest methods since you can do it yourself from anywhere. Even for travelers on the go, whether it’s a cafe or a hotel room, you can make changes within a few minutes without relying on anyone else.
How do you modify flight details offline?
The offline method is the most widely used method of making changes to an existing flight. The United airlines change flight procedure involves calling a United agent and requesting the change. To know the detailed procedure, please read the steps given below.
- Dial the United Airlines Customer Service phone number 1-800-864-8331 or 1 (833) 930-2006.
- Listen to the IVR instructions, and press the key assigned for changing flight details.
- A United executive will shortly receive your call; please explain your request to them.
- Now, please provide the confirmation number of your existing flight, along with the last name of the passenger.
- Once the agent has access to your booking, share the details of the new flight that you wish to take.
- After updating the itinerary, please proceed to the payment page.
- Choose your preferred mode of payment, and make the payment.
- You will now receive your updated flight details on your registered email or phone number.
The offline method of United Airlines Change Flight is the most used and traditional method. Customers can use this method to make changes when they do not have access to the internet or when they are in a hurry. However, please keep your itinerary and flight details handy, as they help in making the change process smooth and quick.
How to change United Airlines Flight for free?
Unlike some other airlines, United Airlines does not charge any change fee on airfares, except for the Basic Economy fare. Additionally, the 24-hour change flight policy allows passengers to make changes free of cost for the first 24 hours after purchasing the ticket. However, the departure date and booking date must be at least seven days different.
Sometimes, when you are changing flights because of an emergency, the airline may waive the change fee, for example, in case of a sudden and unfortunate passing of an immediate family member or if a serious illness prohibits the passenger from traveling.
However, in these cases, the airline requires documented proof from the customer. The proof can include a doctor’s prescription in case of illness or a death certificate of the deceased. Other circumstances may include a military or government order, which states that the passenger cannot travel for a certain period of time.
United Airlines understands the importance of hard-earned money and the uncertainty of life. Hence, the airline provides all customers with a chance to make changes to their flight details without losing any money. If you want to know more about United Airlines’ Change Flight policy, please reach out. Get in touch with a live person at United by calling 1-800-864-8331 or 1 (833) 930-2006.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. United Airlines allows customers to make changes in their flight details free of cost within 24 hours of purchasing a ticket. However, there must be at least a seven-day difference between the booking date and the date of departure.
United Airlines does not charge customers any fee when they make changes to their flight tickets. However, if there is any fare difference, then the customer is liable to pay it.
Yes. Customers can now change their flight destination under the United Airlines Change Flight Policy. However, they must make the payment for the fare difference, if there’s any.