There are some events in everyone’s lives that force them to cancel their flight tickets, planned itineraries, and other commitments. We cannot avoid these events even if we want to, but we surely can avoid getting our hard-earned money forfeited by the Airlines.
As you read this blog further, you will learn about the Air Canada Change Flight Policy, which allows you to make modifications to your flight tickets, for example, the date and time of the flight.
By making use of the Air Canada Airlines flight change option, the customers can make changes by paying some amount of change fee. However, the change fee depends on factors like the route of the flight, destination, and more.
Therefore, it is essential for all customers who wish to make changes to their tickets to go through this entire blog carefully and thoroughly.
Air Canada Flight Change Policy
Before you begin to make changes, it is important for you to understand the rules and regulations associated with this policy. So, without any delay, let’s start reading the brief of Air Canada’s Change Flight policy:
- Customers must make their bookings from the main website of Air Canada only if they want to make changes to their flight tickets.
- No changes are allowed once the flight has already departed.
- The 24-hour Air Canada Airlines change flight rule states that customers can make changes to their flight ticket free of cost within 24 hours of purchasing it.
- If you fail to make changes in this risk-free period, then you are liable to pay the Air Canada Change Flight fee as per the policy.
- If you have a valid reason and you inform the Airline in advance about the changes, they may waive some change fee. However, this solely depends on the Airline’s decision.
- Air Canada holds the right to levy administration fees if you make changes to your flight ticket at the ticketing office or at the Airport.
- If you do not inform the Airline and your flight departs, then it is considered a ‘No-Show.’ Under this policy, your flight fare amount is forfeited by the Airline.
- The change fee depends on various factors and may not be the same for all passengers. For example, the route of the flight,
The above-mentioned points provide a brief summary of the Air Canada Change Flight policy. However, there are many more points that a customer must take care of when they proceed with their flight change process. If you have any questions regarding your ticket change, then you may call the customer service phone number 000 800 040 1885 / (OTA) +1-833-930-2006.
Air Canada Flight Change : Online Process
The procedure to successfully change your Air Canada flight ticket online is easy and includes only a few general steps. The points given below provide a detailed step-by-step guide to making these changes. However, please note that you can make these changes only if you have booked your flight ticket through the official website of Air Canada. If you have booked your ticket through an agent or third-party website, then kindly contact them for any changes.
- Firstly, make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Secondly, on your preferred web browser, open the official website of Air Canada.
- Thirdly, log in to your account by entering your credentials in the username and password area.
- Then, navigate your cursor to the ‘My Trips’ tab and view your bookings.
- Click on the flight reservation that you wish to make changes to, and then click on ‘Edit Flight.’
- Now, please enter the date/time that you want to change it to.
- A list of flights with the same or similar flight options will open.
- Choose the flight that best suits your plans and budget.
- Check the fare difference, if any, since you need to pay the difference.
- Once you find a flight that suits your purpose, go ahead and proceed to book it.
- Enter the necessary information and make payments with your preferred credit card.
- Finally, you will receive an update in your email stating a successful flight change.
If you are stuck in any of the above steps or cannot complete the Air Canada Change Flight procedure, please call the customer service phone number: +1-833-930-2006. You can get in touch with an agent and request them to help you out.
Change Flights- Air Canada: Offline Process
If the online process did not work for you due to an internet issue or any other problem that happened, then you may choose the offline method. The offline method includes visiting the ticketing counter of Air Canada or calling the customer service phone number.
The step-by-step guide for calling the customer service agent is given below:
- Firstly, on your smartphone, dial the customer service phone number +1-833-930-2006.
- Then, follow the IVR instructions as dictated.
- Now, choose your preferred language to speak to the Air Canada customer service change flight agent.
- Explain to the agent that you want to make changes to your existing flight ticket.
- Please provide flight details like confirmation number, last name of the passenger, and more.
- Now, wait for the agent to work on your request.
- Please provide them with the new dates and times that you want to shift your flight to.
- The agent will then tell you some options with the same or similar flights on your preferred dates and times.
- Once you find the flight that suits your purpose and budget, ask the agent to book it for you.
- Pay the price difference, if any.
- Finally, you have updated your flight details.
The customer service agents are available 24/7 to cater to your needs. However, it is recommended to keep the flight details handy and in one place to ensure smooth and quick functioning.
Air Canada Flight Change Fees
The Air Canada Change Flight fee depends on various factors, including travel class and time of change. The brief of the change fee policy is given below:
- Customers holding a Basic Economy ticket cannot make changes to their flight after 24 hours of purchasing the ticket.
- If a passenger modifies their Comfort Fare ticket more than 60 days before the scheduled departure, then no change fee is levied.
- Business Fares, Latitude, and Premium Economy class, if flexible, require no change fee.
- Passengers with Altitude Super Elite 100k Status are not required to pay any change fee.
- Apart from these fares, all other fares are subject to a ticket change fee, and the amount depends on multiple factors.
To provide you with a quick reference, below is the Air Canada Change Flight fee for various fares.
The policy does not permit change.
- USD/CAD 100 up till 0-60 Days + Fare Difference
- USD/CAD 25 before 60 Days of Departure + Fare Difference
- USD/CAD 50 within 0-60 Days
- USD/CAD 25, before 60 Days of Departure
- No amount is charged when changes are done more than 60 days before departure.
- USD/CAD 25 when changes are made 0-60 days before.
- USD/CAD 0
- Fare Difference only
- USD/CAD 0
- Fare Difference only
- USD/CAD 0
- Fare Difference only
- USD/CAD 0-100/ Direction
- + Fare Difference
- USD/CAD 0-100
- + Fare Difference
Air Canada Change Flight: Same-Day Rules
Sometimes, the events that take place are so sudden that we must make changes the same day our flight is. Thanks to Air Canada, the Same-Day changes are now possible with their policy, which is given in brief below:
- Same-day flight changes will incur a change fee as per their policy.
- The new flight that you book must be within 24 hours of the scheduled departure of your original flight.
- Moreover, the destination and Airport should also be the same.
- The new flight that you are planning to book should be the same as the original flight in terms of flight stops/layovers.
- If Air Canada cancels your flight, no change fee is levied on the customer.
To know more about the Same-Day Flight Change Policy by Air Canada, please reach out to a live agent by either visiting the ticket counter at the Airport or by calling 000 800 040 1885 / (OTA) +1-833-930-2006.
Emergencies can happen anytime and anywhere, and some emergencies are big enough to cancel your preplanned plans. If these plans include flight tickets, then you have the option to make modifications or changes to your existing flight booking. The above-given content highlights everything you need to know about the Air Canada Change Flight process. In case you still feel a little stuck or are unable to complete the process, then please connect with a customer service agent at 000 800 040 1885 / (OTA) +1-833-930-2006.
You Should Cheeked it Out Our Recent Blogs Too
Frequently Asked Questions
Air Canada allows its customers to make changes in their existing flight tickets free of cost in the first 24 hours of purchasing the ticket. Once the risk-free period is over, you are liable to pay the change fee.
Customers holding an Air Canada flight ticket may choose the online or offline mode to process their ticket modification. These include visiting the website, calling the customer service phone number, and visiting the ticket counter at the Airport.
The change fee depends on various factors, including the route of the flight, the destination to which you are flying, when you are making the changes, and more. Therefore, there are no fixed change fees for all.