Missing a flight is sometimes the most distressing feeling that a traveler can experience. All the hotel bookings, all the plans, and all the money goes to vain. But what if there was a way to get the money back when you miss a flight? That’s right! American Airlines Missed Flight Policy is here to save the day.
As you read the blog till the end, you will learn about the American Missed Flight Policy, the Late Arrival Standby Policy, and more. Additionally, you will also get an idea about what steps you can take after missing your flight, such as rebooking the AA flight. So, without any delay, let’s start reading!
What is the American Airlines Missed Flight Policy?
There are a number of reasons why a person may sometimes miss their flight. Whether it’s because there was traffic on the road or an emergency that took place. Either way, such sudden and unavoidable circumstances sometimes make you late for your flight. Read the points given below that highlight the brief overview of the American Missed Flight policy.
- Customers have the choice to rebook their American Airlines ticket after missing their flight. Moreover, AA will also adjust the luggage at the time of the next check-in.
- If any customer is an Aadvantage Elite member, the standby facility for checked baggage is available. However, other customers need help to avail of this feature.
- A risk-free window of 15 minutes is given to customers to rebook their flight 15 minutes after or before the flight departure.
- To avail of this facility, all you need to do is to get in touch with a live person at American Airlines Customer Service.
- If any passenger reaches the airport a few minutes late and they miss their flight, there’s no need to panic. American Airlines will book you the next flight instantly.
- If you fail to rebook the flight within two hours of missing the flight, then you are liable to pay an American Missed Flight fee.
- Rebooking an American Airlines Missed Flight is free of cost within two hours after flight departure. After this time frame, you are considered under the ‘No Show Policy.’
How to Rebook an American Airlines Missed Flight?
Did the traffic make you miss your flight? Is the timeline to get on standby over? Don’t worry! You can always rebook your American Airlines flight and take the next best flight available. The process to rebook an American Airlines Missed Flight is easy and general, so read the steps below.
- Firstly, on your preferred web browser, visit the official website of American Airlines.
- Secondly, in the space given, enter the travel dates and other relevant information regarding your trip. For example, destination. Departure location, number of passengers, and any special assistance requests, if any.
- Now, click on the Search button.
- The webpage will now redirect to a new page that has information about the available flights as per your itinerary.
- Thirdly, from the list of available flights, select a flight that suits your itinerary.
- Now, enter the personal details of passengers, like age, full name, and mobile number.
- Then, proceed towards the payment option. And choose your preferred mode of payment, like credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Make the payment and wait for the ‘Payment Successful’ notification to display on the browser.
- Shortly, you will receive an email or mobile notification stating your new flight details.
- Save the e-ticket and use it in the future to avail your boarding pass.
- Finally, your American Airlines Missed Flight rebooking is complete.
How do you Rebook an AA flight via Phone Number?
If you are unable to access the internet or are feeling confused, then you may get in touch with a human at AA. Follow the step-by-step detailed guide given below, and continue your journey stress-free.
- Dial the American Airlines Rebooking Customer Service Number 800-433-7300 or 1 (833) 930-2006.
- Then, listen to the IVR instructions as they play, and press the appropriate key for rebooking a flight.
- An American Airlines representative will soon receive your phone.
- Please explain your concern to the agent and provide them with the details of your new flight request.
- Please allow the agent some time to find available flights as per your itinerary.
- Check the fare prices, dates, and other details of the flight, and finalize a flight.
- Proceed towards booking the flight by providing details of passengers, as asked by the representative.
- Now select your preferred method of payment and make the transaction.
- Once you receive an email stating successful payment, your ticket is rebooked.
Is there any penalty for American Airlines Missed Flights?
If you fail to make it to the Airport in time, you must know the consequences of a missed flight. So, read the key highlights below to know if you must pay a penalty or not.
- If your American Airlines flight was delayed, and it caused you inconvenience, then you may claim compensation from the airline.
- You can receive up to $700 as compensation for a delayed flight.
- However, the compensation amount varies according to domestic and international flights.
- If you want to cancel a domestic flight, you need to pay American Airlines $75.
- Similarly, if you cancel an international flight, you need to pay American Airlines $500.
- Usually, American Airlines missed flight Fees are not applicable to customers. So you don’t have to worry about heavy penalties.
- However, in the case of the ‘No-Show Policy,’ customers do not get any refund.
Can I get a refund for my American Airlines Missed Flight?
The American Missed Flight Policy only sometimes allows refunds to customers. However, under certain circumstances, you may receive a refund. For example, you may not receive a refund if you fail to leave for the Airport in time.
But, if you missed your flight due to an urgent medical reason, like an accident or that of any immediate family member, then you may receive a refund. However, to receive a refund, you must provide AA with proper documentation as proof of the same—for example, doctor’s prescriptions, medical reports, or any other documents you may have.
It is advisable to contact American Airlines Customer Service at 800-433-7300 or 1 (833) 930-2006. Explain that you will miss your flight or you have missed your flight due to a particular reason. The customer service will help you instantly and guide you for further steps.
Missing a flight is always stressful and makes us panic instantly. But not anymore. Because American Airlines Missed Flight Policy is here to save your money and take away your panic. So, if you have any questions regarding missed flights, please reach out to American Airlines Customer Service at 800-433-7300 or 1 (833) 930-2006.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you miss your AA flight, then you can rebook your flight free of cost within 15 of departure or after 15 minutes of departure. If not, then your situation is considered a no-show.
If the airline does not inform you about the delay at least two weeks before the departure, then you may claim compensation from AA. However, if the flight was delayed due to unavoidable circumstances, like poor weather, then no compensation is given to the customer.
Missing a flight always disrupts the plans we make. But, you can now get in touch with AA customer service by dialing 800-433-7300 or 1 (833) 930-2006 and get help.