JETBLUE FLIGHT CHANGE: A DETAILED GUIDE
Sometimes, due to some unforeseen circumstances, the Airline has to cancel your flight. These reasons can, at times, be out of the Airline’s control, like poor weather conditions or air strikes. In such cases, customers are eligible for a full refund. However, in opposite cases, that is, when some unforeseen circumstances like illness or family events disrupt the passengers’ travel plans, they have the choice to either cancel or change their flight.
Hence, it is very important for all the customers to know the rules and regulations of the JetBlue Flight Change Policy. This policy allows the customers to change their JetBlue flight ticket, for example, changing the date, time, and even the passenger’s name. However, these changes come at a cost and vary based on different ticket types. So, to know all the details regarding this policy, read till the end of the page.
What are the key highlights of the JetBlue Flight Change Policy?
It is essential for all customers to understand the terms and conditions of JetBlue’s policy before they proceed to make any changes to their booking. Read the following points carefully, which provide a brief overview:
- There is a certain time period after which you cannot make changes in your flight.
- The passenger must make modifications before the scheduled flight departure.
- The pending balance of the flight ticket is refunded as travel credit.
- Refundable and Non-refundable tickets are subject to adjustment.
- The change fee of the ticket depends on your fare type, flight route, duration, and more.
JetBlue Change Flight: Online Process
If you are wondering what is the most convenient method of the JetBlue Change process, then the online method is your answer. All you need is a stable internet connection and a laptop/computer. To know the steps of this procedure, read the points given below.
- Firstly, on your computer, open the official website of JetBlue Airways.
- Secondly, click on the ‘Manage Trips’ tab.
- Enter your last name.
- Now, in the space given, fill in your confirmation number.
- Click on edit flight.
- Make the modifications as per your preference and flight availability.
- Check the fare difference and if it suits your budget.
- Make the payment for the fare difference between your old and new flight tickets.
- Once the payment is made, you will receive an email confirming your updated itinerary.
- Finally, your flight details are updated.
Customers are requested to be very careful when they enter their flight details. This is because if you enter incorrect flight details three times, for example, a misspelled name or confirmation number, then the fourth time, JetBlue will lock your ticket. Therefore, check the details twice.
JetBlue Flight Change : Via Mobile
If the online method did not work for you due to an internet issue or any other problem, then you can also try the phone number method. To know how read the steps given below.
- Dial the JetBlue customer service change flight phone number 1-844-JB-VACAY (528-2229)
- Follow the IVR instructions as stated.
- Choose the language in which you wish to converse.
- Wait for a JetBlue travel expert to get on the call.
- Explain to the agent that you want to make changes to your flight ticket.
- Provide the date or time preference that you want for your new flight.
- Wait for the agent to look for alternate flights.
- Check the fare difference and choose your payment method.
- Lastly, make the payment, and your flight details will be updated.
JetBlue Change Flight: Offline Process
If you want to make changes in your flight in the old traditional way, then you may do so. All you have to do is visit the Airport counter of JetBlue and request the agent to make modifications to your flight booking. They will provide you with alternate flights, and you can choose the one that suits your purpose. The last step is to make payment for your new flight.
This process can be quite tiring and time-consuming, as you may encounter a long queue at the airport. Therefore, Passengers can choose the safer option, which is to dial the customer service number 1-855-ADA-LINE (232-5463).
How to change JetBlue Flight Reservation for free?
If you want to change flights to JetBlue without paying any change fee, then there are a few ways. But remember, there are some conditions under which you can make these changes. So read the below-given points carefully to check if you are eligible for free change or not.
- JetBlue 24-Hour Policy: Passengers holding a non-refundable ticket are allowed to make changes in their booking free of cost in the first 24 hours of booking. However, the date of booking and date of flight departure must have a difference of at least seven days.
- Flexible/Refundable Tickets: While buying a refundable ticket is more expensive than non-refundable ones, it gives you the choice to make changes free of cost at any time before the departure. Therefore, if your plans are likely to change, then book refundable tickets.
- Same-Day Change Policy: This policy allows the customers to make changes to their ticket, like changing departure time or modifying flight date, at a cost. For example, if you have a ticket for an evening flight and you want to change it to a morning one, this procedure will cost you around $50-$75.
- Choose one-way over round-trip: The amount of change fee charged to you depends on the type of ticket you hold. Therefore, if your plans still need to be fixed, then it is advisable to book one-way tickets instead of round trips.
- Purchase Travel Insurance: Having travel insurance will help you cover the cost of your ticket expense. If you are still determining your itinerary and feel that there can be changes in your plans, Travel Insurance is beneficial for you.
JetBlue Change Flight Fee
If your plans have taken an unexpected turn, and you need to make changes to your JetBlue flight reservation, then you must note the charges that apply. The charges vary as per the fare type; therefore, it is better to check the change fee before you begin the process.
The table below gives a representation of the change fee for different JetBlue fares:
|FARE TYPE||JETBLUE CHANGE FEE||FARE DIFFERENCE|
|Basic Economy||Changes not permitted||Not Applicable|
Please note that these charges are subject to change as per the JetBlue Flight Change Policy. Therefore, Passenger can check the official website of the Airline before you begin your flight change process.
You Should Cheeked it Out Our Recent Blogs Too
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Customers can make changes to their flight’s date/time by directly calling the customer care phone number +1-833-930-2006. It is advised to customers to keep their original booking details handy in order to complete the process quickly and without any problems.
Passengers can choose any change method from online and offline methods. These include changing flight details through the official website of Jetblue, by calling the customer service executive, and lastly, by visiting the Jetblue stand at the airport.
Every Airline charges some amount of change fee to its passengers. However, you have the option to make changes free of cost in the first 24 hours of booking the ticket.
Yes. Passengers are allowed to change their non-refundable ticket to a refundable one and vice versa. However, you must pay the applicable charges or fare differences as per the JetBlue flight change policy.
The fees for making changes to an existing flight are different for all, as it depends on the fare type that you have booked. Hence, please check the terms and conditions or connect with the customer executive to know the change fee.