Losing baggage at the airport or on a flight is one of the most distressing experiences that a customer can face. But there is no need to panic anymore because Lufthansa Lost and Found is here to help you.
Lufthansa Airlines’ Lost and Found team helps customers retrieve their lost items or get compensation for their baggage claim in case the baggage is lost. To know how the Lufthansa Lost and Found works, please read the article till the end.
Lufthansa Airlines Lost Item: What to do?
If you have just landed and you realize that some of your luggage is missing, then read the following information.
- Report the lost baggage: When you arrive at the airport and realize that your luggage is missing, please head straight to the Lufthansa Lost and Found desk. Here, the Lufthansa executive will provide you with a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) that you can use to track your lost luggage.
- Track the lost item: An online tracking system called ‘WorldTracer’ is a Lufthansa-offered software that helps monitor baggage search. You can find this tracker on the official website of Lufthansa Airlines, where you have to enter the reference number given on the PIR. This system will allow you to stay updated on the progress of your search and any other baggage developments.
- Contact Lufthansa: Customers can also directly contact Lufthansa Lost and Found by dialing +1 (516) 738-4422 or 1 (833) 930-2006. Listen to the IVR instructions, and press the key assigned for your concern. Once a Lufthansa Lost and Found executive answers your call, please explain your issue to them. The agent will guide you through the further steps, and you will get your luggage back in no time.
- Compensation for Lost Luggage: Lufthansa understands that losing luggage or getting damaged baggage is a very stressful experience for travelers. In the unfortunate event that the airline is unable to find your lost item, you are entitled to compensation as well. Please contact a Lufthansa Airlines agent and claim your compensation for lost luggage.
How to report lost luggage online?
If you have already left the airport and you realize that you have lost your item, then you can file the missing baggage report online. Follow the steps given below to report your missing baggage.
- Firstly, visit the official website of Lufthansa Airlines.
- Secondly, click on the Delayed Baggage option from the menu.
- Then, click on ‘Create a report window’.
- Thirdly, enter the passenger’s last name, along with the ticket confirmation number.
- Now, provide detailed information about your lost baggage.
- The information should contain a unique description of your baggage, like size, brand, receipt, any mark, items inside, and more.
- Remember, the more detailed description you provide, the more chances your luggage will be found.
- Next, click on submit.
- You will receive your Lost and Found request in your email, and the airline will start the search in no time.
- If or when the airline finds your luggage, the Lufthansa Customer Service will contact you and deliver your luggage to your address.
- However, if the airline is not able to retrieve your lost item within five days, they will contact you via phone.
The steps given above were the detailed procedure for reporting your missing item online. If you are unable to report, then you can simply refer to the offline method given below.
Lufthansa Airlines Lost Item: Report Offline
If you want to avoid filling out the online forms or are unable to report your lost item online, then this method is for you. You can simply call Lufthansa Lost and Found Number +1 (516) 738-4422 or 1 (833) 930-2006 and explain your issue. To know the detailed procedure, read the steps below.
- Dial the official Lufthansa Lost and Found Phone Number +1 (516) 738-4422 or 1 (833) 930-2006.
- Listen carefully to the IVR instructions, and press the key assigned for your query.
- Once a Lufthansa agent answers your call, explain your query to them.
- Please provide your full name and booking details.
- Along with this, provide your contact number, email address, dates of travel, and any other information requested by the agent.
- After this, provide a detailed description of your lost item.
- Such as size, color, items inside, any specific mark, brand, and more.
- Once you have provided all the details, you will receive an email confirmation stating your request.
Losing your baggage at the airport is one of the most stressful situations, especially when the luggage contains important items. Lufthansa Airlines understands the stress and panic that a lost item brings; therefore, it provides customers with a chance to retrieve their luggage easily. Get in touch with a human at Lufthansa Lost and Found by calling +1 (516) 738-4422 or 1 (833) 930-2006.