If you had a sudden change in your plans and need to make changes in your existing flight booking, then read the below-given information carefully that highlights the Lufthansa change flight process briefly. It is important to note that the process varies from ticket to ticket, as the fare type, timings, and destination are different.
To find a detailed answer to your question, ‘Can I change my Lufthansa flight?’, read till the end of the page. Whether you have a Business Class, Premium Economy, or First Class ticket, changing your flight is a simple process. So, without any delay, let’s start with the Lufthansa Flight Change Policy.
Lufthansa Airlines Change Flight Policy: An Overview
Before you start the process of Lufthansa Change Flight, it is important to know the terms and conditions hidden behind it. The following points cover the basics of this policy.
- The Lufthansa Flight Change Policy covers the terms and conditions associated with changing a reservation, modifying a booking, changing the date of your flight, seat changes, and more.
- Lufthansa’s Same Day Flight Change policy allows customers to make free-of-cost changes within 24 hours of the booking.
- If you are about to travel with your pets, even then, you can make changes to your Lufthansa flight.
- The policy also allows the customers to upgrade their flight details, for example, upgrading a seat. However, you are required to pay the additional fee.
- By paying a change fee, customers can make changes to their non-refundable tickets as well.
The above-mentioned points are just a brief about the policy. If you want to know more or have a particular query, then you can contact customer service by dialing 1800 102 5838/+1-833-930-2006(OTA) on your mobile phone.
Lufthansa Change Flights Via Online Mode:
Just because your travel plans changed does not mean you have no other option than to cancel your flight. Now, customers can make changes to their flight dates and continue their trips with ease. Follow the steps below for the Lufthansa Change Flight Date Online process.
- Navigate your preferred web browser to the official website of Lufthansa Airlines.
- Tap on the ‘My Bookings’ tab.
- Enter your booking details, including the last name of the passenger and the booking confirmation number.
- Now, click on ‘Find Bookings’.
- Open your upcoming Lufthansa booking that you wish to make changes to.
- Select the booking and follow the on-screen prompts to continue the process.
- Make the changes as required.
- Lastly, make the payment, if applicable, for the fare difference.
Lufthansa Change Flights Via Offline Mode
If you want to change your Lufthansa flight in the old, traditional way, follow the steps below. However, be prepared for a long queue or a comparatively longer process.
- Visit the nearest ticket office or Airport.
- Locate the Lufthansa counter.
- Wait for the Lufthansa agent to come to the counter.
- Explain to them that you wish to make changes to your booked flight.
- Provide your booking details to the agent and let them look for alternate flights or dates.
- Choose the one that best suits you, and go through the fare difference.
- Once you find the flight that you want to choose, make the payment.
- At last, your flight booking is updated.
Lufthansa Change Flights Via Phone
If you are wondering How Can I Change My Lufthansa Flight via phone, then read the below-mentioned steps very carefully.
- Firstly, dial the Lufthansa customer service phone number 1800 102 5838/+1-833-930-2006(OTA) to begin the Lufthansa changing flights process.
- Secondly, follow the IVR instructions as they come, and choose the language in which you wish to have a conversation.
- Now, wait for the agent to receive your call.
- Explain to the agent that you want to modify your current booking.
- Provide the necessary details of the booking as asked by the agent.
- Please be patient while the customer care executive finds alternative flight options for you.
- Select the one that best suits you, and confirm the flight to the agent.
- Make the payment if fare differences are applicable.
- Finally, your itinerary is now modified.
Change Name On Lufthansa
If you misspelled your name in a hurry, then Lufthansa Airlines allows you to make changes to your name on the ticket. You can do so by following the simple steps given below. However, please remember that changing the entire name on the ticket is not possible; customers can only make slight changes to the existing name.
- Open the Lufthansa Airlines website on your web browser.
- Fill in the credentials required to log in.
- Lufthansa provides two ways to log in: Miles & More and Lufthansa ID.
- Click on your name and then on ‘My Account.’
- Scroll down on the page and click on ‘Edit.’
- Make the changes that you want, and make sure to check them.
- Lastly, click on ‘Save Changes’.
Lufthansa Same Day Flight Change
Do you want to shift your booking from the evening to the morning of the same day? Not a problem. The same-day flight change policy allows you to make booking changes for the same day but under some conditions.
- Only Economy or Business Class tickets are allowed under the same-day flight change without paying any extra charges.
- Same-day flight change is only applicable on direct flights.
- The changes are subject to the same travel class and seat availability.
- If you have not checked in your baggage, then you can make changes to your booking while you check or through the mobile app.
Lufthansa Flight Change Fee
Now that your question ‘How Do I Reschedule My Flight With Lufthansa Airlines?’ has been answered let’s have a look at the charges that you are required to pay when you make changes to your Lufthansa flight.
NOTE: Lufthansa Airlines allows all passengers to make changes to their flight tickets free of cost within 24 hours of booking it. However, you can do so only if there are at least seven days left to your departure.
LUFTHANSA AIRLINES ECONOMY CLASS
- Economy Saver: Not Allowed
- Economy Light: USD 199 + Fare Difference if applicable
- Economy Basic: USD 300 + Fare Difference if applicable
- Economy Basic Plus: USD 300 + Fare Difference if applicable
- Economy Flex: Free of cost (Fare Difference will apply, if applicable)
LUFTHANSA AIRLINES PREMIUM ECONOMY
- Premium Economy Basic: USD 300 + Fare Difference if applicable
- Premium Economy Basic Plus: USD 300 + Fare Difference if applicable
- Premium Economy Flex: Free (Fare Difference will apply, if applicable)
AIRLINES BUSINESS CLASS
- Business Basic: USD 450 + Fare Difference if applicable
- Business Basic Plus: USD 450 + Fare Difference if applicable
- Business Flex: Free (Fare Difference will apply, if applicable)
AIRLINES FIRST CLASS
- First Basic: USD 450 + Fare Difference if applicable
- USD 450 + Fare Difference if applicable
- First Basic Plus II: USD 750 + Fare Difference if applicable
- First Flex: Free (Fare Difference will apply, if applicable)
Please note that the charges stated above are subject to changes as per the Lufthansa Flight Change Policy; therefore, please check the website for updated charges. Customers can also contact the Lufthansa Customer Service by dialling 1800 102 5838/+1-833-930-2006(OTA).
Sometimes, our plans are disturbed by unavoidable events, like family duties, work commitments, and more. But this does not have to necessarily mean that you must cancel your tickets and give up on your trip. Flight Change Policy allows all customers to modify their flight tickets, including changing the flights, dates, and times.
You Should Cheeked it Out Our Recent Blogs Too
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Lufthansa Airlines allows its customers to make changes to their flight booking. However, changes to Economy Saver fares are not permitted. The flight change process includes two methods: By visiting the official website of the airline and by calling the customer service phone number.
If your rebooked (new flight) costs you more than your previously booked flight, then you are required to pay the fare difference to the airline.
If you have any query regarding your booking, or you want to make changes to your already booked flight, you can directly call the Lufthansa Customer Service phone number 1800 102 5838/+1-833-930-2006(OTA).