There are many reasons why our travel plans sometimes fail to work out due to various unforeseen circumstances. While most people think the only possible way is to cancel our plans, the Qantas Airways Change Flight feature provides a new perspective.
As the name suggests, the Qantas Change Flight feature allows customers to modify their flight tickets conveniently. The changes include travel date, destination, route, and time changes. Additionally, minor changes in name and same-day changes are also allowed under this feature.
As you read the blog till the end, you will learn more about how this policy works, the steps to change flights- Qantas, and other details of the Qantas Airways Change Flight Policy. So, without further delay, let’s start on how this unique feature works.
Qantas Flight Change Policy: A Detailed Guide
As mentioned above, there are several flight details that a passenger can change using the Qantas Airways Change Flight option. Given below are the terms and conditions for all these options.
Date Change: In case an urgent business meeting comes up on your date of travel or any other unforeseen circumstances clash with your plans, you can easily change your travel dates. However, Qantas may charge you a change fee for the same.
Destination Change: Sudden circumstances such as lockdowns, curfews, and more can force passengers to change their destination. Or even if you have a change of plans and want to explore another destination, Qantas allows you to do so.
Name Change: If you booked your ticket quickly and later realized that you entered your name wrong, you do not have to panic. Qantas Airways also makes name change possible with their incredible change flight feature.
- Name Correction– Passengers can change their name by visiting the official website of Qantas Airways or by dialing 1 (830) 930-2006. However, some guidelines concerning name correction include the following:
- Passengers have the liberty to change their first name as many times as they wish to.
- On the contrary, changing the last name is allowed only once. Moreover, changes up to 3 letters only are allowed.
- Name Change- If you wish to change the entire name of the passenger, then you may do so. However, this rule applies only to domestic tickets within Australia.
Terms and Conditions
Firstly, passengers who made reservations using Classic Flight Rewards must:
- Cancel their flight
- Request a refund
- Rebook their flight
Secondly, making destination changes for Points Plus Pay fares requires:
- Cancelling their flight and requesting flight credit
- When rebooking their flight, they must redeem their credits.
- In case of any additional fees or charges, make the payment.
24-Hour Change Flight Policy
The 24-hour Qantas Airways Change Flight policy gives customers an easy way to cancel/change their flight. Moreover, the customers do not have to spend a single penny to do so. Below are the details of this policy:
- Customers can change their Qantas flight free of cost within 24 hours of booking.
- However, there must be at least a seven-day difference between the booking date and departure date.
- The good news is the 24-hour change policy applies to all types of tickets and classes.
- Either way, you’re safe whether it’s a refundable or non-refundable ticket or an economy class ticket.
- If you change your flight ticket after this period, you must pay the change fee set by the Airways.
Qantas Airways Same Day Flight Change
Qantas Airways does not allow same-day flight changes compared to the other airlines. Therefore, customers must make their desired changes within 24 hours of booking their flight ticket or pay the change fee.
Qantas Airways Flight Change Fee
Every airline charges some fee when customers make changes to their flight tickets. Given below is everything you need to know about the Qantas Flight Change fee.
- Qantas Airways Change Flight policy states that if any customer makes changes to their flight after 24 hours of booking, then they must pay certain change fees.
- A change fee of USD 10 is charged to customers with a domestic flight ticket that was booked through a contact center.
- However, customers who book their domestic flights through group sales or airports are liable to pay a change fee of USD 45.
- Passengers who wish to make changes to their International flight must pay USD 75 as a change fee.
- However, passengers making changes to their flight to and from New Zealand are liable to pay a change fee of USD 77.
- To make changes to a domestic Trans Tasman ticket or a New Zealand Trans Tasman ticket, please pay a change fee of USD 45.
- Qantas Airways Change Flight procedure is free of cost for the passengers who make changes online.
- However, passengers making changes offline must pay a change fee of USD 60, irrespective of the ticket type or flight route that they have chosen.
Now that you know the Qantas flight change fees, let’s move further to understand the procedure of changing Qantas flights online and offline. Customers are free to opt for any of the following methods at their convenience.
Change Qantas Flight Online
The online procedure to change Qantas flight is easy and simple. All you need to complete this process is a laptop/computer and a stable internet connection. To know the complete procedure, refer to the steps given below.
- Visit the official website of Qantas Airways on any web browser of your choice.
- Click on ‘Manage My Bookings’.
- Enter your username and password to log in to your Qantas account.
- Once you have access to your bookings, select the flight you wish to make changes to.
- There, you will see two options- Cancel Flight & Change Flight.
- Click on Change Flight.
- Enter the details that you wish to change, and browse through the available flights.
- Select a flight that suits your new itinerary, and proceed towards booking.
- Choose a payment method from the available options, and make the payment if necessary.
- You will receive your updated itinerary ticket on your registered email address.
The online method of change generally does not require any change fee. However, it’s best to confirm the change fee with the airline once. Changing flight details online is one of the easiest and fastest ways to change Qantas Airways flights.
Change Qantas Flight Offline
The offline method of Qantas Airways Change Flight is the most convenient and oldest method in practice. This method includes a Qantas customer service change flight, where the customers can call a Qantas agent. To know the detailed steps, please read the steps given below.
- Firstly, dial the official Qantas customer service phone number: 1 (800) 227-4500 or 1 (833) 930-2006.
- Secondly, press the key assigned for flight changes, as directed in the IVR instructions.
- A Qantas agent will answer your call shortly and explain to them the reason why you are calling.
- Please provide your booking details to the agent, including the confirmation number, date of travel, and more.
- Thirdly, share the flight details that you wish to change.
- Now, the agent will share the available flights with you as per your itinerary.
- Select a flight that suits your new itinerary, and proceed towards the payment option.
- Select your mode of payment, and make the payment as asked.
- Lastly, you will receive your flight change email at your registered Email address.
Calling the customer service phone number of Qantas Airways allows customers to change their flight details easily. However, since so many people choose the customer service method, you may sometimes find the line busy. Therefore, it is advised to call Qantas Customer Service during off-hours for quick and hassle-free assistance.
IVR instructions by Qantas
Whenever a customer dials the customer service phone number of Qantas, a set of IVR instructions is played. These instructions help the customer reach the expert quickly, as per their requirement. Please read the rules below and start a safe change flight process.
- To select a language, press 1.
- To reserve seats on Qantas, press 2.
- Press 3 to cancel your Qantas tickets.
- To receive a refund, press 4.
- If you wish to change your flight, press 5.
- To talk to a human at Qantas Airways, press 9.
So, in the case of Qantas Airways Change Flight, press five and start your process.
Sometimes, there are some unavoidable circumstances in our lives that force us to alter our plans. Therefore, to ensure no customer loses their hard-earned money, the Qantas Airways Change Flight feature is here. If you wish to know more about this policy, please talk to a live person at Qantas by calling 1 (800) 227-4500 or 1 (833) 930-2006.
Frequently Asked Questions
Qantas customer service is available 24*7 to cater to the needs of its customers. To talk to a human at Qantas, dial the customer service phone number 1 (800) 227-4500 or 1 (833) 930-2006.
Usually, Qantas does not allow passengers to make changes to their surnames. However, in cases of marriage, divorce, court-ordered name change, and name transposition on tickets, the airlines allow surname changes to the customers.
The 24-hour policy by Qantas Airways allows customers to change their name on their ticket free of cost within 24 hours of booking the ticket. However, the difference between the departure date and the booking date must be at least seven days.