Are you planning a bachelorette party for your friend away from home? As exciting and fun as it sounds, the thought of booking so many tickets at once always comes to mind. Thanks to Southwest Airlines Group Travel, you can now fly with your friends to any destination under just one ticket.
As the name suggests, Southwest Group Travel is a unique feature that offers customers a chance to explore their desired places together. This feature allows all customers to fly under one ticket and at a cheaper cost. To understand Southwest Group Travel in detail, read the article till the end.
What is Southwest Group Travel?
You now know the basic idea of Southwest Airlines’ Group Travel Policy. To know the terms and conditions associated with it, read the points given below.
- The Southwest Airlines Group Travel Policy is applicable only if the passengers in the booking are at least ten people.
- Booking a group travel comes with a number of benefits, such as discounted airfares and flexibility during the booking process.
- Group Tickets are non-refundable once purchased, irrespective of the reason for cancellation.
- When you book a Group Ticket, standby adjustments, upgrades, downgrades, or swaps are not available.
- Customers who purchase group tickets will receive them at their registered email address or phone number.
- Unlimited changes in name on the group tickets are allowed up to 72 hours before departure of the flight.
- Please reserve your group boarding position online 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
- However, at this time, you will not receive a boarding card.
- Payment for the group travel reservations can be done through UATP, wire transfers, and Credit Cards.
How do you book group travel with Southwest Airlines?
The process of booking Southwest Airlines Group Travel tickets is easy and general. The airline offers both online and offline methods of booking group tickets. Given below are the detailed instructions on how to book tickets through both methods. Read the points given below and choose whichever option seems the best for you.
The online method is a very convenient method of booking tickets with Southwest Airlines. All you need for this method is a laptop and an internet connection. The best part about the online method is that it allows you to make Southwest Airlines Group Travel bookings from anywhere in the world.
- Firstly, visit Southwest Airlines’ official website on your preferred web browser.
- Secondly, fill out the Group Travel Request Form available on the home page.
- Please add accurate information as requested, such as the group leader’s name and email address—number of passengers traveling, and more.
- Remember to review the information before moving toward payment.
- Submit the form, and the airline will soon send you an email with quotes for your trip.
- Thirdly, select the quote that suits your budget and inform the airline.
- You can then add the passenger details online, as well as other necessary details.
- Lastly, move towards the payment option and make the payment with your preferred method.
- Finally, you will receive your e-tickets at your registered email address.
The offline method is also known as the traditional method of booking tickets, as all you have to do is make a call. The Southwest Customer Service executives are available 24*7 to cater to all your queries, so follow the simple steps below and book your travel tickets today.
- Dial the official Southwest Airlines group travel phone number 1 (800) 435-9792 or 1 (833) 930-2006.
- Listen to the IVR instructions and press the key assigned for Southwest reservations.
- Please wait while a Southwest executive receives your call..
- Explain to the executive that you want to book a group travel with Southwest.
- The airline agent will then ask for the itinerary details, such as dates of travel, origin, destination, and number of passengers.
- Once you have provided all the necessary information, the agent will provide you with available flight quotes.
- Select a quote that suits your travel plan, and proceed with the booking.
- Please give all the necessary information to the agent as asked.
- Once the information is given, proceed towards payment.
- Select your choice of payment method, and make the payment.
- Finally, you will receive your group e-tickets at your registered email address or phone number.
Please note that since the phone number method is widely used, you may find the line busy at times. Therefore, it’s best to call during off-hours for quick and hassle-free group travel booking.
What are the benefits of Southwest Group Travel?
Every trip becomes fun and worth it when it is spent with people you love. Moreover, the added benefits provided by Southwest make group travel even more fun. Given below are a few perks of booking group tickets instead of individual ones. Let’s have a look:
- When you book tickets for more than ten passengers, you can avail great discounts as they are available frequently.
- Southwest Airlines offers immense flexibility, as it does not require you to make payment immediately.
- Hence, you can reserve your booking with Southwest and pay later before the scheduled departure.
- One of the best features of the Southwest Airlines group travel is ‘No Change Fees’.
- This means that you can make changes in the names unlimited times before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- Every passenger in the group booking will receive two complimentary checked bags.
- Therefore, you don’t have to worry about paying excess baggage fees.
- Passengers traveling in a group get to earn Rapid Rewards. So, if you are a frequent Southwest flyer, you can avail great perks.
Traveling together is always a great idea, because the more people there are, the more fun it gets. To add more peace and calm, Southwest Group Travel offers an easy way of booking tickets and traveling with utmost comfort. If you wish to know more about Southwest Airlines Group Travel, please get in touch with a live person at Southwest. The official Southwest Customer Service phone number, 1 (800) 435-9792 or 1 (833) 930-2006, is available 24*7 for all customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Southwest Airlines, Group Travel program offers customers a chance to book group tickets at a lower fare price. Customers can avail of the advantages of onboarding and baggage fees. Moreover, if you are a frequent flyer, you can get reward points during group bookings.
Southwest provides customers with both online and offline methods of group travel reservations. Detailed instructions for both methods are given above. Please choose whichever is more convenient for you.
The Southwest Airlines Customer Service is available for all customers 24*7. Give them a call at 1 (800) 435-9792 or 1 (833) 930-2006.