Losing luggage at the airport or on the flight is a bitter experience. The stress and panic are extreme, especially when the lost item is valuable. But you don’t have to worry anymore when you lose your luggage at the airport because Southwest Lost and Found team with its policy is here to save you.
Southwest Airlines is one of the most loved airlines by customers, and it ensures that no customer faces any problem before, during, or after the flight. Therefore, as you read the article till the end, you will get to know the process of getting your lost luggage back in just a few easy steps.
Lost Luggage on a Southwest Flight?
Did you forget your carry-on bag on your Southwest flight? Or did you lose your valuable item in the lounge while waiting for boarding? Either way, there is no need to panic because Southwest Airlines’ Lost and Found desk is here to help you anytime.
Given below are some things you must keep in mind the moment you realize that you have a missing Southwest Airlines item.
- Firstly, as soon as you realize you have lost an item on your Southwest flight, inform a Customer Service agent immediately.
- However, if you have already left the airport and you later realize your bag is missing, then call a customer service agent.
- The phone number for Southwest Lost and Found department is (888) 202-1024 or 1(833) 930-2006.
- You can talk to a live person at Southwest by calling the phone number given above.
- Once a Southwest agent answers your call, explain to them that you have lost your item at the said place.
- Please note that giving detailed information about your lost item is essential for recovering it at the airport/lounge/washroom/flight and more.
- Lastly, make sure that the luggage you have lost is checked luggage because Southwest will not help you find an unchecked bag.
How do you report a lost item at Southwest?
All customers have the liberty to choose whichever method they want while reporting their lost item. The methods leading to baggage claims are online through the website, Email, and offline by calling Southwest Lost and Found Number. Read the detailed step-by-step guide for all methods below, and choose whichever seems convenient to you.
Report lost items on website
This option is best for those who have already left the airport and later realized that their item still needs to be included. Follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Navigate your browser to the Bag Assistance Page.
- Here, you will see different options to choose from.
- Select the place where you left your item, such as the lounge, at the security, in flight, and more.
- Now, a form will display on your screen.
- Fill in the details asked in the form, such as item type, pattern, color, size, and more.
- In the end, don’t forget to add your contact details, as the airline will call you the moment they retrieve your lost item.
- Review the form you have filled, and then click on submit.
Report lost items through Email
Another way of reporting a lost item to Southwest customer service is by sending them an Email. You can do so by simply visiting Southwest Airlines’ official website. Then, drop the menu given above and click on the lost luggage tab. There, you will see a link where you can send the airline an email regarding your query. In the Email, please provide as many details about your lost luggage as possible, and remember to add your contact details at the end. Details like item type, color, pattern, and any unique mark or item kept inside must be mentioned in the Email.
Contact Soutwest Lost and Found via Phone
This method is the easiest way of reporting your lost Southwest item. All you need to do is follow the general steps given below.
- Firstly, dial the official Southwest Lost and Found phone number (888) 202-1024 or 1(833) 930-2006.
- Listen to the IVR instructions and press the key assigned for your query.
- Secondly, when a Southwest agent answers your call, explain your problem to them.
- Thirdly, please provide all the relevant details of your lost item, including the size, color, pattern, where you lost it, and more.
- Next, answer all the questions that the agent asks regarding your situation.
- And lastly, provide your contact details so that the airline can update you about your luggage.
- Finally, once you have provided all the relevant details, you can end the conversation.
Did you forget your wallet at the airport lounge? Or did you forget your AirPods on your Southwest flight? Don’t worry because you and your lost item are in safe hands. Southwest Lost and Found is available for all customers who may have forgotten their bags or a valuable item before, during, or after their flight. Please get in touch with a live person at Southwest by calling (888) 202-1024 or 1(833) 930-2006. The airline executives do their best to find your luggage and will deliver it to you once it is recovered.