Every traveler who wishes to explore the world’s different places and cultures and experience adventures always wonders if they can afford it. Lucky for all the wanderers out there, the cheapest days to fly Southwest are available in this blog. Moreover, some tips and tricks to buy cheap tickets with Southwest are also provided below.
What is Southwest Cheapest day to buy tickets?
Do you also have a travel bucket list but need help ticking places off of it? Or do all the places you want to visit have high airfares? Don’t worry because there’s good news for all the wanderers. If you are looking for cheap flights with Southwest, then you must check the flight deals on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. These days are when the fares are at the cheapest, and you can get great deals during bookings.
What will be the Cheapest days to fly Southwest?
Now that you know the cheapest days to book tickets, you should also know the cheapest day to fly with Southwest Airlines. So, the best day to fly to your desired destination with Southwest is Tuesday because since it’s mid-week, there are fewer people who prefer to fly. However, people with flexible work timings or vacations can easily avail this opportunity.
Cheap Southwest Flights: Tips & Tricks
Apart from the specific days when the flights are cheap, there are some tricks that you can use to fly at affordable prices with Southwest Airlines. Read the points below and avail yourself of your cheap tickets today!
- Advance Booking: The one rule that the entire aviation industry follows is that the sooner the scheduled date of departure is, the higher the airfares get. Therefore, it is advised to book tickets at the earliest when your itinerary is final. This way, you can book your tickets at a very cheap price and save money.
- Know the days: Every airline has one or more days when they drop their airfares to a minimum. Talking about Southwest Airlines, the cheapest days to book tickets are Monday and Thursday. So, mark your calendars for these days and book your tickets to your destination at unbelievable prices.
- Best Fare Finder: As the name suggests, the best fare finder is a tool that can help you book tickets to your desired destination at a very cheap cost. These tickets get sold out quite quickly. Therefore, it’s best to set reminders and check the calendar from time to time.
- Non-Refundable Tickets: If you are absolutely sure about your trip, then it’s best to book non-refundable tickets. This is because the refundable tickets are comparatively more expensive than the non-refundable ones.
- Compare Flights: Southwest is considered a low-budget air carrier because of its significant fleet size. Because of this, airfares become customer-friendly, and more people choose Southwest as their go-to airline. So before you finalize a flight, look for different flight options and go with the one with the lowest Southwest fare.
What is the Low Fare Calendar Southwest?
A fare calendar or the best fare finder is a tool offered by Southwest that helps customers book cheap fares. Moreover, there are other benefits of using this calendar to book tickets. There are a lot of airline discounts available on the low-fare calendar.
People with flexible work timings or vacations can avail themselves the most from the low-fare calendar by Southwest Airlines. This is because the cheapest flights are scheduled on weekdays. If you can manage your time, then flying on a Tuesday will give you a number of benefits.
Moreover, a major benefit of this calendar is that you can check the airfares very early. The low-fare calendar gets updated every year, and you can check the fares eleven months in advance. This makes booking easier, as you can check the fare and plan your itinerary and budget accordingly.
How to book cheap Southwest flights?
Southwest Airlines provides customers with both online and offline methods of booking reservations. Both methods are easy, hassle-free, and available for all customers. The detailed instructions for both are available in the following section. Please read the steps and select whichever best suits you.
ONLINE BOOKING SOUTHWEST
The online method of booking tickets with Southwest is convenient and quick since you don’t require anyone’s assistance in this procedure. All you need for this procedure is a laptop and an internet connection, and you may complete your booking from anywhere in the world. Read the steps below to know the detailed procedure.
- Firstly, visit Southwest Airlines’ official website on your preferred web browser.
- Secondly, enter your dates of travel, origin, and destination.
- Near the search button, you will see a ‘Low Fare Calendar’ option, press that.
- A list of available flights will display on your screen.
- Select a flight that suits your budget and itinerary.
- Thirdly, enter passenger details and other details as asked.
- After that, move towards the payment procedure and select your preferred payment method.
- Lastly, make the payment successfully and wait for the confirmation.
- Finally, you will receive your e-tickets at your registered email address or phone number.
OFFLINE BOOKING SOUTHWEST
The offline method is often referred to as the traditional booking method. This is because, before the internet, people used to either visit the airport or call customer service to make reservations. However, there are still some people who prefer the traditional method, and for them Southwest Airlines executives are available 24*7. To ensure a quick and hassle-free booking method, it’s best to keep all your itinerary details handy. To know the detailed procedure, follow the steps given below.
- Dial the official Southwest Customer Service phone number 1 (800) 435-9792 or 1(833) 930-2006.
- From the IVR instructions playing, press the key assigned for making reservations.
- An airline executive will answer your call shortly.
- Explain to the executive that you want to book cheap tickets to your desired destination.
- Please provide all the relevant details of your itinerary to the agent, such as dates of travel, origin, number of passengers, and destination.
- Then, the Southwest agent will tell you the flights that are available, from which you may choose whichever suits your itinerary.
- Afterward, provide details as asked by the agent to fill in the relevant booking needs.
- Lastly, select your preferred method of payment and make the payment.
- Finally, you will receive a confirmation and your e-tickets on your registered email address or phone number.
Southwest is an ultra-low-cost airline that helps customers travel to their dream destinations within their budgets. Now that you know that the cheapest days to fly Southwest are Monday and Thursday, you may start your exciting trip by booking your choice of ticket. If you want to get in touch with a live person at Southwest, then call their official phone number: 1 (800) 435-9792 or 1(833) 930-2006.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Southwest Low Fare Calendar is available on the airline’s official website. Customers may also book their cheap tickets by calling Southwest’s official customer service phone number.
The airline lowers its airfares on Tuesdays, so you must buy your tickets on this day. Other days when the flight fares are comparatively cheaper are Monday and Thursday.
If you have any query regarding reservation booking, cancellation, or any other query, you may contact the airline directly. To talk to a live person at Southwest, call customer service at 1 (800) 435-9792 or 1(833) 930-2006.