What is the Spirit Airlines Lost and Found Policy?
Going on a trip is always adventurous and fun, but sometimes, some experiences can hamper the plans. Did you fly to your desired city for a vacation but later found out that your luggage was lost? While such an experience can be full of stress and panic, to say the least, the good news is that Spirit Airlines Lost and Found is here to save your day.
Customers can now easily contact the Spirit Lost and Found team and get their luggage back without any problem. Moreover, in some instances, you can also get compensation for your lost, delayed, or damaged luggage.
You no longer have to worry about whether you will get your Spirit Airlines lost item back or not or how you will coordinate with Spirit Airlines. In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about the Spirit Airlines Lost and Found department, with detailed step-by-step instructions.
Is there a Spirit Lost and Found Policy?
Yes. Spirit understands that sometimes passengers may forget their luggage at the Airport or in the aircraft. Moreover, sometimes the airline staff unintentionally causes damage or delays in your luggage transfer. To make these distressing experiences right, Spirit has introduced a Lost and Found Policy. Please read the points given below to learn a brief overview of this policy.
- If any passenger completes their journey and later realizes that their item is missing, they can contact the Spirit Lost and Found desk.
- Spirit Airlines requires customers to provide as many accurate details as they can for their lost items.
- The customer must submit an online form stating the details, time, place, flight details, and more.
- Before any customer claims that their baggage is lost, please ensure with the airline that the item is not delayed.
- The Spirit Lost and Found takes care of all the possible places where you could’ve lost the luggage.
- These include Spirit Flight, Airport premises, lounges available at the Airport, and the security check area.
- Spirit Airlines provides customers with four simple ways to connect with the Lost and Found team regarding their lost/damaged/delayed item.
Now that you know the brief about the Spirit Lost and Found Policy, let’s learn about the ways to reach out to the airline. As mentioned, there are four different ways to contact Spirit, which are mentioned in detail in the upcoming section.
How can I report a missing item to Spirit?
The Spirit Lost and Found team helps travelers get their lost belongings back, irrespective of whether the airline or the customer lost them. Read the following methods to get in touch with a live person at Spirit and get your luggage back.
Read the steps given below to submit an online form to the Spirit Lost and Found team.
- Firstly, on your preferred web browser, visit www.spirit.com/bagclaim.
- Secondly, fill in the last name of the passenger and File ID in the space provided.
- Thirdly, click on ‘Create Online Claim.’
- Then, enter the details as asked on the website.
- Now, attach documents, including the lost item or the proof of purchasing baggage.
- Along with this, also attach a government-approved photo ID.
- Lastly, click on the Submit button given below.
Please check if your respective Airport has a virtual Baggage Service Office that is available on a mobile device. If yes, you can claim your baggage by visiting the Need Help option as well.
Please note: Every airline sets a time frame within which the customers must submit the form stating their lost items. In the case of domestic travel, please inform us within four hours of arrival, and in the case of international travel, customers can submit the form within 21 days of traveling.
Via Phone Number
Speak to a live person by giving a call at the Spirit Lost and Found Number. This is one of the most used and simple ways of claiming your lost item. Please refer to the steps below to understand the process.
- Dial the official Spirit Lost and Found phone number 1 (855) 728-3555 or 1 (833) 930-2006.
- Listen to the IVR instructions carefully, and press the key assigned for luggage-related queries.
- A Spirit executive will soon receive your call; please share your concern with them.
- Please share all the details about your flight and luggage, as asked by the executive.
- The agent will now provide you with a reference number for your complaint.
- Use this reference number to locate your missing item.
If you are unable to reach Spirit through phone number, then you may drop a text at 48763 or Whatsapp them at 855-728-3555. Additionally, some airports have their own Spirit Lost and Found phone numbers. Please visit the official website of Spirit Airlines to get the number.
File A Report
If neither of the above-mentioned methods works for you, then you may choose this method to begin your baggage claim. Read the instructions below clearly to file a Lost and Found report.
- Visit the official website of Spirit Airlines and navigate to the Lost and Found page.
- Now, you will have two options – ‘My Item was checked’ and ‘My Item was Unchecked’.
- Please select one of the options as per your lost item.
- If you choose the checked item option, the page will redirect you to another page of Spirit Airlines.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and fill in the details as asked.
- However, if you choose the unchecked luggage option, then a File a Report tab will pop up.
- Click on that pop-up and follow the on-screen prompts.
Connect With The Respective Airport
If you are still at the Airport and realize that your luggage is missing, then you can get help at the Airport itself. Visit the Lost and Found terminal at your respective airport since they have a BSO (Baggage Service Office) for customers who misplace/lose their items.
Additionally, the search for lost luggage also depends on factors like the location of where you lost the item, the time of request, and more.
Does Spirit provide any compensation?
If the airline lost/delayed or damaged your luggage, then you can receive compensation for it. Please refer to the compensation amount given below.
- Domestic Flights: USD 3,800
- In the case of International Spirit Travel, customers can claim compensation for their lost baggage as well. However, it is subject to:
- 1. Warsaw Convention
- Unchecked Bags: USD 400
- Checked Bags: USD 9.07 per lb
- 2. Montreal Convention
- Checked Baggage- SDR 1,288
Losing items at the Airport or having your luggage delayed is one of the most stressful experiences that a traveler can go through. But, thanks to Spirit Airlines Lost and Found, getting a hold of your lost item is now possible in just a few simple steps. In case of any other questions, please feel free to call Spirit Lost and found at 1 (855) 728-3555 or 1 (833) 930-2006.
Recent Blogs Related To Spirit Airlines :-
Frequently Asked Questions
Once the customer files a lost item report at Spirit, the airline usually keeps the search on for somewhere around 30 days.
Spirit provides customers with four ways to contact Spirit Airlines to file a lost item report. These include online form submission, Spirit Lost and Found phone number, filing a report online, and visiting the Airport